1. Am I qualified to invest? Under which category?
- (a) Sophisticated Investors
- (i) a high-net-worth individual whose total net personal assets or total net joint assets with his or her spouse, exceed RM 3,000,000, excluding the value of the individual’s primary residence;
- (ii) a high-net-worth individual who has a gross total annual income exceeding RM 300,000 per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- (iii) a high-net-worth individual who, jointly with his or her spouse, has a gross total annual income exceeding RM 400,000 per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- (iv) a high-net-worth company that is registered as a trust company under the Trust Companies Act 1949 which has assets under management exceeding RM 10,000,000;
- (v) a high-net-worth corporation that is a public company under the Companies Act 2016 which is a trustee approved by the SC under the Capital Markets Services Act 2007 and has assets under management exceeding RM 10,000,000;
- (vi) a high-net-worth corporation or partnership with total net assets exceeding RM 10,000,000 based on the last audited accounts of the company;
- (vii) a pension fund approved by the Director General of Inland Revenue under the Income Tax Act 1967;
- (viii) a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament or an enactment of any State; or
- (ix) acquires any of the capital market product or Islamic capital market product offered or traded on a recognised market where the consideration is not less than two hundred and fifty thousand ringgit or its equivalent in foreign currencies for each transaction whether such amount is paid for in cash or otherwise
- (b) Angel Investors
- (i) a high-net-worth individual whose total net personal assets exceeds RM 3,000,000;
- (ii) a high-net-worth individual who has a gross total annual income exceeding RM 180,000 per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months; or
- (iii) a high-net-worth individual who, jointly with his or her spouse, has a gross total annual income exceeding RM 250,000 per annum in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- (c) Retail investors
2. I am not a Malaysian. Can I invest?
3. How much I can invest?
It depends on the needs of each campaign and it is subject to the category of Investor you are qualified under as follows:
Type of Investor
No restrictions on investment amount
A maximum of RM500,000 within a twelve (12) month period
A maximum of RM5,000 per Issuer with a total amount of not more than RM50,000 within a twelve (12) month period
4. Can I invest in various campaigns?
5. Can I change my mind and withdraw the investment?
6. Can I update my investment amount?
7. Will MyStartr transfer my investment monies immediately to the Issuer?
8. What if the campaign I invest fails to achieve the Minimum Target Amount?
9. How will MyStartr refund me if I cancel the investment or when the campaign I invest fails to raise the Minimum Target Amount ?
10. Does MyStartr charge any fee on me?
11. Will my information be published on MyStartr?
12. When will I get my Offer Shares?
13. What rights do I have after I get my Offer Shares?
14. Will I be able to sell off my Offer Shares after the closing of a campaign?
15. Does MyStartr help keep track of the Issuer’s progress after the closing of a campaign?
16. Can I enjoy tax exemption when investing in ECF?
It is proposed that income tax exemption will be given on 50% of the investment amount, subject to the following:
(i) The exemption is limited to RM50,000 for each year of assessment;
(ii) The deduction is limited to 10% of the aggregate income for that year of assessment;
(iii) The investor, investee company and amount of investment must be verified by SC;
(iv) The investor must not have any family relationship with the investee company;
(v) The investment must be made through ECF platform approved by SC; and
(vi) The investment must not be disposed of, in full or in part, within 2 years from the date of investment.